[aaloa promoters] Nominating the temporary governing board

Joe Gorman Joe.Gorman at sintef.no
Tue Sep 7 08:19:22 CEST 2010

I had been just about to write a message saying that I think we should have just one representative from any one organisation (otherwise it can look unfair, especially for anything needing a vote).  I had also been going to say that each official representative should have a recognised "deputy", to attend meetings etc. when the main representative is unavailable.  But I don't need to say that now, as Saied already suggested it!

The only other thing I would add is that the governing board should be made up only of "volunteers".  So: the fact that an organisation is listed as a promoter  should not mean that we automatically insist on that organisation being represented on the board.  They would be allowed, but not required.  So we should ask for people who actively volunteer for this role e.g. by responding to a request from you, Francesco.

For SINTEF, I volunteer to be the representative, with Marius as my alternate.

.   Joe