[aaloa promoters] Let's make introductions

Marco Eichelberg eichelberg at offis.de
Mon Sep 6 16:23:11 CEST 2010

Dear AALOA promoters,

my name is Marco Eichelberg, and I am representing the OFFIS Institute for
Information Technology here, a non-profit research institute specializing
in Computer Science research related to the application areas health,
energy and transportation. The institute has been active in AAL research
for quite a while, including projects such as

- GAL  (http://www.altersgerechte-lebenswelten.de/index.php?id=21&L=1)
- IDEAAL (http://www.ideaal.de/front_content.php)
- OSAMI (http://www.osami-commons.org/)
- PAALiativ (http://www.paaliativ.de/)
- PAGE (http://www.page.plri.de/)
- SAPHIRE (http://www.srdc.metu.edu.tr/webpage/projects/saphire/)

My personal background is medical imaging, where I have been working on an Open Source
toolkit for the DICOM standard (which is the most important image format and
communication protocol in medical imaging) for more than 15 years - see
http://dicom.offis.de/

Open source and the establishment of an AAL middleware platform along with
a sufficiently large user community that warrants a long-term stability of
the platform is of high interest for us.

With best regards,
Dr. Marco Eichelberg

--
Dr. Marco Eichelberg
Gruppenleiter Integrationstechnik | Manager Integration Technology Group

OFFIS
FuE Bereich Gesundheit | R&D Division Health
Escherweg 2 - 26121 Oldenburg - Germany
Phone/Fax.: +49 441 9722-147/111
E-Mail: eichelberg at offis.de