[aaloa promoters] AALOA facilities and first instructions for incubating projects (Homer)

Francesco Furfari francesco.furfari at isti.cnr.it
Fri Mar 18 18:48:03 CET 2011

Dear Thomas,

here some initial instructions in order to incubate the HOMER project
within AALOA

ask questions about the configuration of your project and any further
help you may need.

We can offer such facilities:

-- *Mailing lists, and email services* (*mandatory*)
It is a mandatory service that developers and users must use to exchange
information as OS community.
You can request to create different mailing list with the following
structure:
(i.e developers at homer.aaloa.org or users at homer.aaloa.org)

-- *Source Code Repository* (*mandatory*)
We use a centrlized SVN repository to keep track of the coding
(i.e. svn://svn.aaloa.org/projects/homer)

-- *Software artifacts repository* (optional)
we use a Maven  repository  : Nexus (http://nexus.sonatype.org/)

-- *Content Management System* (optional)
we can instantiate a Joomla based CMS (http://www.joomla.org/)

-- *Project Management System* :   (optional)
We can install a Redmine (http://www.redmine.org/)

So apart from the mailing list and SVN you are free to use whatever you
want.
Basically we will create a new DNS record  for the domain
*homer.aaloa.org*, and many services can be  managed and hosted directly
by you at AIT.
The_most urgent action_ is to create a static page for HOMER, we can
link from  AALOA (http://aaloa.org/project_list).
Then you can decide with calm how to organize your project and which
resources you need.

More instruction will follow on how to report about the status of your
project.

Have a nice week end
Regards,
Francesco