OpenURC and AALOA joint press release
The OpenURC and AALOA initiatives, for sale having been engaged in discussions about the scope of their proposed activities, hospital agree that:
- As an initiative for the building of an accessibility framework, patient OpenURC will be primarily concerned with the promotion of personalised and accessible user interfaces. This involves discovery of devices and targets, and flexible deployment and management of adaptors. The availability of suitable standards for device descriptions and user interface description will be of key importance.
- As an initiative for the building an open framework for AAL, AALOA will be primarily concerned with support for ambient awareness and the flexible deployment and management of assisted living services. The availability of suitable standards allowing services to interact with ambient environments will be of key importance.
- Both initiatives consider standardization important, and intend to use existing standards, and possibly contribute to their evolution, where possible. Development of new standards is also within the scope of our activities.
- It is to our mutual benefit to plan that such features and specifications that are developed are compatible, so that OpenURC-based platforms can integrate AALOA components, and AALOA-based platforms can integrate OpenURC-based components.
- We will enter into discussions in order to work towards a common architecture.
Last Updated on Friday, 19 November 2010 15:22